SO, we swaddled him and laid him in their bed, and he was kind of doosing off, so we decided to go ahead and go to service and let him sleep. On our way out, I just started BAWLING my eyes out. It was the weirdest thing. You know how normally when your going to cry, you feel it coming on? Sometimes you can even supress it or let it out..well i didn't even feel it..it just came. It was today that I realized, "all the emotional and physical ties and connections you read about in magazines and hear from other moms is really true" It was like a mom reflex, and it was so weird. I know this is kind of a sappy entry, but i just love my family so much. I'm pretty sure i fall more and more in love with Owen and Mark every day..which is crazy because I didn't think that was possible. Watching owen form his personality melts my heart, and watching Mark be a fabulous dad is a really amazing thing. I just really, really love being a mom, and I realized that even more today. Don't get me wrong, i've been enjoying it all along, but today it just hit me, and it hit me really, really hard.
ANYWAYS.
Owen is getting so big...he is trying to hold his bottle on his own!!! He can't do it 100% yet, but he's getting close (dad loves it, and I kind of hate it cuz i realize he's growing so fast, and i know, that is such a typical mom thing, and don't worry, i won't hold him back)
I've spent a lot of time here in Nashville missing my family. Which nothing is wrong with that, and I adore and DO miss them, but man, I'm just realizing that this is MY family, and it's beautiful. And it may be semi-crazy that it's taken this long for that to sink in.
I just love where i'm at right now. :)
2 comments:
:)
lauren, you are a tender-hearted sweetie...best mom material ever!!
Post a Comment