I've always been pretty passionate about cooking. Cooking YUMMY and HEALTHY and INEXPENSIVE meals that make my husband smile :)
I usually take pictures of some of the things I make in anticipation to share them! I've thought about making a whole separate blog just to share some of my dinner/recipe adventures, but i think for now- i'll just share on here! I really want to record some of these things I think up just to have them for future reference!
If you know me, you know I love pizza. You also probably know that ordering a greasy, white flour crust, pizza from the local pizza hut or what have you every week is a not-so-healthy option. (Although...i DO love me so greasy unhealthy pizza once and a while..not gonna lie.) Anyways, with that said, i'm always trying to think of pizza options that are:
a.) healthier
b.) quick and easy!
Hence...Naan Bread Pizza!
I usually take pictures of some of the things I make in anticipation to share them! I've thought about making a whole separate blog just to share some of my dinner/recipe adventures, but i think for now- i'll just share on here! I really want to record some of these things I think up just to have them for future reference!
If you know me, you know I love pizza. You also probably know that ordering a greasy, white flour crust, pizza from the local pizza hut or what have you every week is a not-so-healthy option. (Although...i DO love me so greasy unhealthy pizza once and a while..not gonna lie.) Anyways, with that said, i'm always trying to think of pizza options that are:
a.) healthier
b.) quick and easy!
Hence...Naan Bread Pizza!
Naan bread is a indian style flat bread that looks like this:
you can find it at meijer, or target. I prefer to buy mine at Target, because then you can buy 100% whole wheat naan bread.
(it goes AMAZING with indian style, spicy food too!)
So here's what you'll need!
* 2 pkgs of whole wheat naan bread
*a jar of pizza sauce/spaghetti sauce (I use ragu with veggies in it, and no added sugar)
*1 pkg. part skim mozzarella cheese
*TOPPINGS! my favorties to use are turkey bacon, tomatoes, green pepper and onion! Use your favorites!
And here's what you do! (simple really...we all know how to make pizza!)
1. Take a baking sheet, and cut your pieces of naan bread into halves or even smaller depending on what size pieces of "pizza" you want.
2. Add Sauce, toppings, and cheese! (also really tasty to add oregano)
3. Bake at 375 for as long as it takes for the cheese to melt and get bubbly! :)
SO easy.
SO yummy.
eat up!



1 comment:
Lauren! I have no idea if you'll see this because it's super late, but I never see your updates because they aren't always posted to fbook- so I just need to check!! :) This looks SOOO good! I want you to make a recipe blog, because I've been thinking about doing the same! We could do it together- yeah?? ANYHOW, looks delish! I'll be trying it soon.
Post a Comment