chalk board

chalk board

Monday, May 31, 2010

testing of my patience

Owen has been testing my patience MAJORILY lately. People talk about "terrible twos" and my son is 15 months, and I so hope and pray that he is going through this "terrible" stage early. For quite some time now, he has starting hitting me. He will get angry, throw himself on the floor, grunt, shake his fists, and hit. Now, for those of you reading, you are probably floored because owen always acts sweet when you see him...well, that's the thing-he is soooo sweet when he is around anyone else. Its just at home with me and mark when he will preform these wonderful fits. I've been frusterated and wondering where he gets this!
A. Mark and I do not act that way
B. He doesn't watch television to see people act that way
C. He isn't hardly ever around other children who could maybe teach him to act that way.

In all of my frusteration, I'm trying to learn about him, and listen and be attentive to his needs. I realize that no one is perfect, we all have our little sticky areas in life, and I'm just trying to do the best I can with his.

As angry as I can become with how he is acting towards me lately, its times like right now, when he is sleeping and I can hear him lightly humming in his sleep that my heart melts for him. I love that boy more then I thought possible- good attitude or bad, he is perfect to me.

1 comment:

ODCFkids said...

true that.

i had to fish for poop in the bath tub the other day which pretty much immediately drained my patience for the rest of the year... but then i watched him dance, spinning around in circles and clapping for himself and it didn't matter so much, haha.