chalk board

chalk board

Sunday, April 18, 2010

im a blessed girl

I got a job! I'm nannying a little girl who is 2 months younger then Owen. It is a tremendous blessing, and I'm trying very hard not to complain about it. Its a little rough right now as she is still getting used to me and owen and the new enviornement. She's pretty whiny and clingy-and tests my patience very often! :). I don't really know how her and owen are liking each other yet. She seems to hit him and take his toys a lot, and he's not very warm to her (which frankly I wouldn't be either if u were hitting me) ha!

That said, I'm so thamkful for this job. It allows me to stay at home with my son and to make some extra cash! I was looking and planning on finding outside care for owen a couple days a week, thinking itd be good for me to get out of the house, working with adults, and making money. However-when it came down to it- I couldn't do it. Not now anyway. I've been at home with him since he's been born..to put him in someone elses hands overwhelms me! I do stiLl think I dneed more adult interaction during the week- and I do believe getting out without owen once and a while is good for me.

That said, the Lord is just really taking care of us and providing for us in a lot of small ways. Ways that don't seem super big or obvious to people around us. Mark and I are currently more content then we have been in our entire marriage. Being closer to friends and amoungst our family again is good for our souls.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm so glad things are going so well for you Lauren! I totally get the not wanting to leave him thing, you do what you've got to do! We need to get together for another play date soon!! It's so nice out, we could play outside!