Today is mark and I's two year anniversary. I am so grateful and blessed to have him in my life each and everyday. I don't know if you all know the story of me in 3rd grade. But here it is:
When I was in 3rd grade- my family started going to a new church (gmc) and of course I was nervous. One sunday I was walking around the hallways before sunday school and I walked by marked, and he said "hey-i like your sweater!". Well, that compliment showed me I was in love. Haha. I went home that day and said to my mom "I'm going to marry mark burkey" I'm sure she just smiled at me..but I don't think either she or I knew that I was right! :o)
So today mark and I bothj have to work--but we are having a special dinner and dessert tonight (italian and brownie fudge cheesecake! Plus champange!) And then this wednesday we are headed off to chicago for a 24 hour mini vacation. Mini or not, we are really excited and can't wait!
This will be the longest we've ever been without owen..so I'm a little nervous. Its 27 hours to be exact..and he'll sleep 16 hours of those 27 including bed time and naps..so I just have to remind myself of that. And I will try not to drive mark crazy by constantly calling our sitters and saying things like "oh I wonder how owen is doing..its his lunch time." Ha...
Love u all.
3 comments:
I laughed out loud at this! I just pictured little chubby Mark Burkey. You know, the Pre-Rockstar Mark. I loved him too! I bet there's 100's of girls who said those same words to their moms, but you won! Congrats! Hope your vacation was super fun!
Lauren...RELAX. :D Erin and I love Owen to pieces and won't let anything happen to our sweet baby. Have fun and don't worry a bit...xoxoxo Mom :)
Having Owen around is so much fun, he brings so much laughter! We are so happy that you and Mark found each other and are able to take time away to celebrate the love you have. <3
Post a Comment