chalk board

chalk board

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

My Testy Son

Here Are Two Things that are currently adding some stress to my life.


Number One:

I've been really excited lately, because Owen has been "broken" of the paci habit for about two weeks now.  He goes down easy without it, and doesn't ask for it at all.  I even made the comment to Mark, "That was a LOT easier then i thought!!"  Well...guess what Owen slept with last night and the night before?  You guessed it...the paci.  Grrrr...
My life is an adventure...every day I wonder "will he need the paci?"  Exciting..i know.

Number Two:


I'm trying so hard to transistion from a bottle to a sippy and this is proving to be a rather difficult task.   At first, Owen would REFUSE sippy's althogether.  Then, he was on again off again.  One day he'd love them, and drink from them by himself, the next day he would cry at the sight of them!  Talk about an emotional rollercoaster!
NOW, we are down to giving a bottle in the morning and at night, and the rest of the day I offer sippy's...BUT here's the catch..he won't feed them to himself, i have to hold them for him...boy oh boy.


It's funny that these are such issues to me right now, especially with Owen turning one next Wednesday, you would think I wouldn't be in any rush.  I am NOT in any rush to change things and to watch this little guy become a big boy..BUT as much as I want him to be this baby forever, I am trying to help him learn big boy skills.   Some days I feel like i'm doing FANTASTIC at it, and other days I feel like i've take 10 steps backwards.

I love my son..moody-ness and all.

2 comments:

Erin said...

You are such a good mom going through all the regular "mom" stuff. Don't give up, you're doing great!

Kim said...

Don't worry too much if Owen prefers the bottle and or the pacifier a little longer...just make sure he gives it up by the time he starts school! ;-)