chalk board

chalk board

Monday, July 8, 2013

A Little Honesty from a heavy heart.

You know how some lessons you learn over and over, yet, they affect you every time in a new way?
Yes. I'm re-learning a lesson i've already learned this week.
A classmate passed away very unexpectedly and tragically on Friday.  She was my best friend when I was in 1st and 2nd grade.  We had so much fun together, &got in "trouble" together. :)  As we grew older, we drifted apart, which is normal.  Throughout the rest of my school years, I always still considered her a friend.  She had two little boys around the same ages as my kids, and it was always so nice running into her at target or wherever.  So friendly, and she'd always give me a big hug.  Although not super close to her at this stage in my life, my heart is just broken.  I can't stop thinking about her, or her little boys who lost their mom.

Death is a lesson that ALWAYS teaches me.  It always overwhelms me, and it always confuses me.

This life is so messed up.  We all run around working, collecting money, buying nice houses and nice clothes, builiding up a retirement fund so we can be comfortable, etc.  But then, we die.  And it happens so unfortunately fast.  And those things don't matter in the least.

I want to be known for my love.  I want to be known for my friendship, for helping people, and for worrying about things that really matter.

My heart is so saddened, yet God is trying to re-shape me.

Thanks for letting me spill my heart a little bit.

No comments: