As you can tell by the title of the post, i have a lot on my mind! :)
First off, it's been a really really long time since i blogged. I know i don't have to explain the reasons why. We all know that being a full time mom and wife and part time worker is reason enough. But i will say this--i MISS blogging! So, i'm going to attempt to return.
Something on my mind a lot lately is "mommy guilt." Guilt that i know I am free of, and don't have to feel, but guilt that does creep up on me. With Owen, i blogged like daily...about EVERYTHING...from what the kid was eating to what he was looking at to any.little.thing. With Cora, i've barely blogged. With Owen, I kept a baby book about ANYTHING that happened, with Cora, i've written down a few things, and forgot to write down the rest. I feel absolutely horrible about that. I don't know when she got her first tooth or what day it came in. i don't know the day in which she took her first step. I know the age, but not down to the very hour like i did with Owen. I love her with all my heart and I praise God for her every single day....so it's not that i love her less. The truth is that with two kids instead of one, you are so focused on just making it through the day with both kids fed and relatively happy and alive. I've been so busy just staying sane, that details seem to have kind of surpassed me. I hope that Cora won't look back on that and think I didn't love her. I also spent ALL OF MY TIME teaching Owen. Reading him a million books a day, not letting him watch an OUNCE of tv, taking him on walks and having specific learning times. With Cora...yes, i read to her. Yes, i try to teach her when able, but man, it's different. The first difference I think is that I stayed home FULL time with Owen. With Cora, i've worked part time since she was born. Obviously time is a factor. There are just so many differences. And that's REALITY. It's not the same. And to think that it will be is naive. I'm doing my very best for her. Sometimes i just feel like i fail. Trying to pray through that right now.
Talking of Cora, here are some things about her lately;
1. She is saying a few new things. She has started saying "OK!" in response to my statements. She is also saying "I DO" when i'll ask something like, "who wants to take a bath?"
2. She just graduated to a size 4 diaper a week or so ago.
3. When she says "yes" she moves her jaw up and down instead of saying anything. It's super funny.
4. She is sleeping 12 or more hours a night. It's a HUGE blessing that this girl is finally sleeping!!! She must be making up for the first 15ish months that she wouldn't sleep through the night.
5. She knows most of her body parts and a few animals and their sounds. She'll "sing" ABC's in her own little version that sounds NOTHING like ABC's that you and I know.
I'm going to try to blog more.
ps- we're buying a house!
I'll catch you up more later...for now i'll leave you of one of my favorite pictures ever of my perfect babies.
First off, it's been a really really long time since i blogged. I know i don't have to explain the reasons why. We all know that being a full time mom and wife and part time worker is reason enough. But i will say this--i MISS blogging! So, i'm going to attempt to return.
Something on my mind a lot lately is "mommy guilt." Guilt that i know I am free of, and don't have to feel, but guilt that does creep up on me. With Owen, i blogged like daily...about EVERYTHING...from what the kid was eating to what he was looking at to any.little.thing. With Cora, i've barely blogged. With Owen, I kept a baby book about ANYTHING that happened, with Cora, i've written down a few things, and forgot to write down the rest. I feel absolutely horrible about that. I don't know when she got her first tooth or what day it came in. i don't know the day in which she took her first step. I know the age, but not down to the very hour like i did with Owen. I love her with all my heart and I praise God for her every single day....so it's not that i love her less. The truth is that with two kids instead of one, you are so focused on just making it through the day with both kids fed and relatively happy and alive. I've been so busy just staying sane, that details seem to have kind of surpassed me. I hope that Cora won't look back on that and think I didn't love her. I also spent ALL OF MY TIME teaching Owen. Reading him a million books a day, not letting him watch an OUNCE of tv, taking him on walks and having specific learning times. With Cora...yes, i read to her. Yes, i try to teach her when able, but man, it's different. The first difference I think is that I stayed home FULL time with Owen. With Cora, i've worked part time since she was born. Obviously time is a factor. There are just so many differences. And that's REALITY. It's not the same. And to think that it will be is naive. I'm doing my very best for her. Sometimes i just feel like i fail. Trying to pray through that right now.
Talking of Cora, here are some things about her lately;
1. She is saying a few new things. She has started saying "OK!" in response to my statements. She is also saying "I DO" when i'll ask something like, "who wants to take a bath?"
2. She just graduated to a size 4 diaper a week or so ago.
3. When she says "yes" she moves her jaw up and down instead of saying anything. It's super funny.
4. She is sleeping 12 or more hours a night. It's a HUGE blessing that this girl is finally sleeping!!! She must be making up for the first 15ish months that she wouldn't sleep through the night.
5. She knows most of her body parts and a few animals and their sounds. She'll "sing" ABC's in her own little version that sounds NOTHING like ABC's that you and I know.
I'm going to try to blog more.
ps- we're buying a house!
I'll catch you up more later...for now i'll leave you of one of my favorite pictures ever of my perfect babies.

1 comment:
I love your honesty Lauren:-) It seems like no matter what, all Mommies have some kind of guilt about something! You are a good Mom & your children adore you (and so do I!). So PLEASE keep bloging, because this kinda lets me be that little fly on your wall:-)!!
Post a Comment