I write about parenting all the time. I write about my kids ALL the time. I write about how crazy hard it is...ALL-THE-TIME. And, it is. BUT, tonight, i focus on how absolutely amazing it is, and how it brings LOADS of joy to my heart.
Tonight, Mark and I were bathing both our kids. As we were bathing them, I was over-joyed with a sense of awe. They were laughing, splashing, and so darn cute. I could see their perfect little spines while washing their backs, which i know might sound weird, but it moved me to tears. My kids are so healthy. They have all their bones, all their muscles, everything works properly, and they are happy. I've got one perfect little boy, and one perfect little girl. I don't know if there is anything much better then that.
Tonight, Mark and I were bathing both our kids. As we were bathing them, I was over-joyed with a sense of awe. They were laughing, splashing, and so darn cute. I could see their perfect little spines while washing their backs, which i know might sound weird, but it moved me to tears. My kids are so healthy. They have all their bones, all their muscles, everything works properly, and they are happy. I've got one perfect little boy, and one perfect little girl. I don't know if there is anything much better then that.
The good does outweigh the hardships of parenting.
I don't know what i'll do when they are grown. They bring me so much happiness, and so much fulfillment. Tonight Owen told me on his way to bed that "I want you and Jesus to sleep in my bed with me mom..and THAT will make me so so happy." The uplifting things that come out of his mouth each day astound me. The personality and life that Cora has and shows me more of each day astounds me. It's indescribable. I am so beyond thankful.
It's funny how the little things remind you of how blessed you are. Even things like a bubble bath. :)

1 comment:
This is so sweet. :)
Post a Comment