Here's me one year ago:
(okay so i was almost 9 months pregnant, so cut me a little slack!) :)
In short, there aren't any secret formulas or shortcuts. There's no special diet bar or drink to take to make you "fit." It's actually just really hard work. (sorry to disappoint ya'll with that truth..trust me, i'm disappointed too! ha ha)
So there are just a few of the things i've learned during this process. It's been a wild ride. Ha. And i'm learning a lot about myself..
:)
(okay so i was almost 9 months pregnant, so cut me a little slack!) :)
and here's me today!
(well, a couple weeks ago)
Anyways, since having Cora i'm down ALMOST 60 lbs. I've been working really hard, and have dropped 3 pants sizes while at it. I have about 10-15 more pounds i'd like to loose and then i'll be at my "goal weight." It's been years since i've even come close to that!
So, here are some things i've learned along the way:
1. You have to exercise AND eat right!
This was a huge bummer to me. ha ha! I was hoping i could be one of those people who ate whatever i wanted since i was running, right? Not true. Not for me anyways. What a let down ;)
2. Your Brain is your biggest battle.
I mean seriously, if you could hear the dialogue in my head this morning as i'm running. It went something like this "don't do the whole workout, i mean, your side is cramping and at least your working out a little! It's better then nothing!" after i convince myself to go ahead and quit early then this side of my brain comes along "don't you dare, you still have to loose 10 lbs! don't be a fatty!! you totally ate chocolate last night!" and on and on. If you want to know, i DID do the whole thing. It's just funny how our brain and our body can be so different! ha! (i.e Spirit and Flesh)
3. You have to switch things up.
I seriously lie to myself all the time and tell myself if i keep doing the same workout, i'll still get results! I mean a workout is a workout right? Truth be told, i just don't want to work harder and hurt more!! (ok so maybe i've got some lazy bones in my body!) Today I ran outside, which i usually run on the treadmill inside. Since i switched things up my workout was like a bazillion times harder. (Mark is an outside runner and says when he runs inside it's a bazillion times harder..so it must just be change!)
I try to trick myself all the time..unfortunately i don't get results when i lie to myself. Bummer. ;)In short, there aren't any secret formulas or shortcuts. There's no special diet bar or drink to take to make you "fit." It's actually just really hard work. (sorry to disappoint ya'll with that truth..trust me, i'm disappointed too! ha ha)
So there are just a few of the things i've learned during this process. It's been a wild ride. Ha. And i'm learning a lot about myself..
:)


1 comment:
Great job sweetheart. You were beautiful a year ago and you've literally gotten more beautiful everyday. I'm so proud of you.
Post a Comment