chalk board

chalk board

Thursday, October 17, 2013

Never has "school" been so scary.

Parents go through so much.  We freak out about birth, sleeping through the night, breast or bottle feeding, how old is old enough for solids, is co-sleeping okay, terrible twos, biting, too much tv, etc.  I've experienced all of that, and i re-experience it with Cora.   But, a brand new and quite, if not the most, terrifying has come up....and in about 10 months will take place.

school.


Home school?  Public school?  Private school?

my heard seriously spins trying to think about this.  I have fears and concerns for each and every option.  And every parent i talk to has a different opinion.  A lot of times i hear "do what's right for your child."  What if i don't even know which one IS right for my child??  I know Owen so well, all 4 years of him...but, he has so much more to go.  There is so much more to learn.

School thoughts consume me for at least a little bit each and every day.

If you think about us, i'd appreciate and gladly accept any and all prayers for wisdom in what to do.

nothing is more nerve wrecking then choosing where to send your child for (potentially) the next 12 years of his or her life!!!  AH.



Plus---how is THIS kid old enough to have me thinking about school???

eeeekkk.

1 comment:

amy D said...

I am not quite as close to making that decision, but I agree--it's tough! While we think we know what we're doing right now, we'll definitely have to reassess when it actually comes time to make the decision.
Anyway, just wanted to say that you don't have to think of it so long-term. You can try something for a year and reevaluate! I do think it really comes down to what's best for your kid and family, but yeah, sometimes you don't know that if you haven't tried one thing, know what i mean? :) Seek the Lord. He'll give you guys the wisdom you need. :) :)