And the thing i hate to love...
running.
It's been 1 month since i started running. One month ago today I could barely get through a half of a mile. Today, I ran a mile and a half. My mile time has improved by almost 2 full minutes, and i'm feeling so much better about myself and my health. Sounds good, right? not quite. It's still SO SO hard for me.
I think maybe i had this expectation that once i got through the dreaded 2 weeks, it would start to be easy. I would run and run and run, and one day start to be like my husband and wake up and take a quick 5 mile jog. HA!
Each day i repeat certain things to get my butt off the couch and onto the treadmill...
i ask myself if tomorrow i would rather be sore or be sorry. I choose soreregularly most days. :-)
the thing that makes me not want to do it each day is just the fact that it (for lack of a better word) sucks. I hurt, and it's hard. whining. But then i remind myself that i can deal with it's sucky-ness for 20 minutes a day, or i can deal with my exact same body/health forever!!
Running has improved my overall mood during the day, my energy, and of course, my weight.
So, heres to you, running.
I don't love you...but i do like you. and maybe some day i'll love you.
:)
running.
It's been 1 month since i started running. One month ago today I could barely get through a half of a mile. Today, I ran a mile and a half. My mile time has improved by almost 2 full minutes, and i'm feeling so much better about myself and my health. Sounds good, right? not quite. It's still SO SO hard for me.
I think maybe i had this expectation that once i got through the dreaded 2 weeks, it would start to be easy. I would run and run and run, and one day start to be like my husband and wake up and take a quick 5 mile jog. HA!
Each day i repeat certain things to get my butt off the couch and onto the treadmill...
i ask myself if tomorrow i would rather be sore or be sorry. I choose sore
the thing that makes me not want to do it each day is just the fact that it (for lack of a better word) sucks. I hurt, and it's hard. whining. But then i remind myself that i can deal with it's sucky-ness for 20 minutes a day, or i can deal with my exact same body/health forever!!
Running has improved my overall mood during the day, my energy, and of course, my weight.
So, heres to you, running.
I don't love you...but i do like you. and maybe some day i'll love you.
:)
No comments:
Post a Comment