I mentioned I was going to start blogging now and then about some EASY, CHEAP and HEALTHY meal ideas that i had made recently.
Well, tonight i made a meal that is very very common. Spaghetti and meatballs! However, I made it MUCH healthier :) And so cheap too!!! It was a a hit with the boys!
We all know how to make spaghetti, but i suggest:
*whole wheat pasta (got for .99 at meijer on sale but ALDI has it for .99 EVERY week)
*turkey meatballs, so much more lean then regular meatballs! (ALDI sells these for 1.99)
Well, tonight i made a meal that is very very common. Spaghetti and meatballs! However, I made it MUCH healthier :) And so cheap too!!! It was a a hit with the boys!
We all know how to make spaghetti, but i suggest:
*whole wheat pasta (got for .99 at meijer on sale but ALDI has it for .99 EVERY week)
*turkey meatballs, so much more lean then regular meatballs! (ALDI sells these for 1.99)
*and of COURSE, sauce!! Get a sauce without high fructose corn syrup! I usually get mine at meijer for 1.03 (hunts brand) Ragu is also a good choice because it has 2 servings of veggies in it for those picky eaters!! They never would even know they are getting their dose of greens!
Total Meal Cost= $4.01
Cost per person (in my family) = $1.33
SCORE!
:)


2 comments:
yah! i'm making this soon! when my mom was here, we bought ground turkey and made up some turkey meatballs, as well as some turkey patties for turkey burgers! yum!
I love substituting turkey for ground beef in almost everything! Especially tacos- it never crossed my mind to do it with meatballs though! I will be trying this soon :)
Post a Comment